WHAT IS HOMOZYGOUS?
A tobiano horse that is homozygous will ALWAYS throw a spotted coat pattern or a tobiano coat pattern in their offspring. Even if the other parent has a solid, overo, or tobiano coat pattern, the homozygous tobiano gene will be dominant in the offspring's coat color. The tobiano gene is an inherited dominant gene.
To determine if a horse is homozygous, you must evaluate the following:
1. Pedigree: Both parents must be tobiano.
2. Phenotype: The horse should have secondary body spotting such as "ink spots" or "paw print".
3. Test Breeding: The horse should have no solid offspring from solid mates.
4. Studbook Data: The horse has no solid offspring.
5. Genetic Marker Analysis: Genetic testing by approved laboratory.
The EE Paint Horse
dream trail horse, buckskin, buckskins, champagne, cremello,creamello, cream,
creme, tobiano, curlies,curly, hypo llerginic, hypo-allerginic,
bashkir, ICHO, curly registry, sabino, bay, roan, horse for sale, missouri
foxtrotter, foxtrotters, Missouri Fox Trotting Horse,Horses, Missouri Fox
Trotter, Foxtrotter, Southern Blizzard, Southern, Blizzard, Foxtrotters for
sale, foxtrotter, trot,equine, gaited,horses for sale, mft, mfthba,
versatility, mares, foals, mule horseback, natural horseman training,
homozygous, stallions, tioga, flash's Dream maker, Flash,Flash's Dreamaker
(D.M.), horse breeds, breeders, trainers, endurance horsemanship, horse